If you haven't already heard - little Norah broke her femur and is in a spica cast - also known as a body cast. I thought I'd share a few pictures for those of you wondering how she is going about her daily tasks...
This was in the hospital. I could write on and on but the basic thoughts I will leave you with is that I am thankful for children's but it was HORRIBLE and I hope never to go through this again!
This is Norah's car seat - or lack their of. It takes me about 10 minutes to get her all strapped in so needless to say I have only had her in the car twice in the last two weeks and both times were for doctors appointments. On the plus side we have a handicapped parking pass so we get to pull up nice and close. :)
This is a HUGE bean bag that our neighbors lent us and a bear that Steve's work gave to Norah. Both are sporting places in our living room which has been taken over by our little cutie.
Our makeshift high-chair.
And our make-shift table for drawing, coloring, painting, etc.
Life is busy, sleep is limited, and the TV is on entirely too much HOWEVER we have been incredibly blessed by friends and family with food, gifts and attention. My mom has been with us almost full time and has been amazing. People we aren't even especially close with have even reached out and brought us meals and helped with transporting the kiddos. We are SO FORTUNATE. I am amazed by how a community reaches out when someone is in need. Thank you doesn't seem adequate - but I'm not quite sure how else to show our gratitude - So THANK YOU.
2 weeks down and 4 to go... ONWARD.




No comments:
Post a Comment