Last year I found this awesome idea on another blog called AlphaMom. It was a way to "repurpose" Halloween Candy. Unfortunately last year I didn't find it until after Halloween so it was a little too late so we put it on the back burner until this year.
We took foam board and I hot-glued 30 paper cups to it. The kids stamped numbers on tissue paper (great opportunity to work on their numbers!) and also the letters for the word, "November."
After trick or treating they picked 30 of their favorite treats, put them into the cups and then we glued the tissue paper on top (another good number learning opportunity!)
Now each day in the month of November they get to break through the tissue paper for a treat! It is fun, good portion control and keeps me from eating it all. :)
3 comments:
we are doing this today too!
EEEK!
I love reading your updates! This advent calendar repurposed Halloween candy is great ... I'm stealing it for next year ;>)
Great idea!!!!
Post a Comment