February 16, 2012

The Super Bowl

Over the years, Steve's job has provided him the opportunity to attend many Super bowls. I watched from home as he'd attend lavish parties and festivities always wondering if there would come a time I'd be able to join him.  Last year, I was given that opportunity for the first time and we had a ball.  

This year, when offered the invitation again, we jumped on it.  Sadly, the Packers weren't there but the festivities and energy that the city of Indianapolis provided far surpassed the experience we had in Dallas.  
Our hotel was located right downtown and when we walked out the doors, we were greeted by signs, traffic, and fans galore. This was the excitement that I was anticipating last year but for many reasons never experienced.

The first night we started by having some drinks and appetizers at St. Elmo's a famous Indy restaurant.  I discovered a new favorite wine - The Prisoner (a red blend) and Steve and I had some much needed one on one time together. After, we met up with his clients and we went to a party at The Bud Light Hotel.  These parties are crazy - there are red carpets, ice sculptures, and beverages everywhere you turn. :)  We had fun to say the least.  Above are two of his clients on the left, Dustin and Matt from Comcast, then Matt's buddy Rob (big Giant's fans) and us of course.  

The next night Dustin's wife Ali joined us along with Marc and his girlfriend Johna where we attended the NFL Cocktail party.  Steve ran into some friends from the Packers so I quickly scooped up the Super Bowl ring from last year and gawked at it's size and glamour.  


The third night was the biggie.  We attended the first annual NFL Honors show which was broadcast on NBC later that night.  Comcast had a VIP lounge, sponsored by their Xfinity brand.  Steve, Marc, Matt and Dustin were hard at work all day preparing for the event.   

When we arrived we walked the red carpet.  There were hundreds of media personnel with their cameras all ready and although we thought we looked pretty good we didn't fool anyone... :)  We were the only ones taking pictures!

Down in the X-finity lounge we saw and met many celebrities. I felt completely out of my league but had a great time drinking wine and people watching.  Joe Namath and Archie Manning were kind enough to take their picture with Johna and I.

Katherine McPhee was there as a presenter and to undoubtably promote her new show SMASH.  She was stunning but not warm and friendly like I was hoping.

Steve's highlight was standing arm and arm with the MVP Aaron Rodgers....

at least until Brooklyn Decker came into the room and then she may have taken over the "favorite" picture category. :) She was undeniably beautiful but even better - very down to earth and funny.

One of my highlights came after the NFL Honors show.  We went to yet another party where they were producing Crossroads for CMT (Country Music Television) where Carrie Underwood and Steven Tyler performed.  We were really far back as you can see but the show was awesome!  I am in awe of Carrie Underwood.

To extend the night even further we changed and walked over to the NFL House, an exclusive area to eat some food, enjoy more beverages and play some games.  The whole day and night couldn't have been more perfect.  I was floating on a cloud with a grin across my face as we trekked back to the hotel.

The next day was Super Bowl and after the NFL brunch, we walked down to Super Bowl Village to take in the sights.  It was electrifying and numerous times Steve would look over and we would morn the loss of the Packers.  It would have been so fun to have green and gold adorning the buildings and clothing around us but it is what it is and we can look ahead to next year. :)  This picture was taken at the NFL Tailgate.  This is not really a tailgate as Wisconsinites know how to tailgate.  There are no grills, no brats and no baggo.  There are exquisite hors d'oeuvres, The Fray and Lennie Cravitz playing on stage, and an open bar.  Now that's a tailgate!   

Unlike our seats last year we were up pretty high but that was okay - OUR team wasn't playing so we just enjoyed the fact that we were there!  Since Steve's clients were big Giants fans we jumped on board and cheered them to victory.

It was an incredible weekend.  I can't say enough how lucky I feel to be able to attend such an amazing event.  Or how lucky I feel to be able to have that special time with Steve.  

Now onto next year... is there a way we can ensure the Packers take a trip down to New Orleans in February?  

1 comment:

Pat J. said...

You look so glamorous! How fun! I've never been to a Super Bowl so it must feel surreal :) Thanks for sharing these pics. I don't know if I'd be more excited to see Carrie Underwood (LOVE HER!) or Aaron!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails