I just returned from my ultrasound which we decided to have at 19/21 weeks based on the discrepancy of due dates that had arisen. It turns out that I am indeed due December 3rd and baby is measuring right on target. The moment the picture came up I had a clear view of the baby's whole body and what caught my attention was the strong heartbeat. I have been really nervous for this appointment and felt immediate relief.
This was by far the longest ultrasound I've had as baby was sleeping most of the time and the tech wasn't able to get all the pictures she needed. I had to roll on my sides, cough, sit up and wiggle around and finally after about 45 min. we got all the needed snap shots. They aren't as clear as they were with Olivia - I wrote in her baby book that she was doing gymnastics while we watched. It's funny because she is still moving, jumping and climbing all over. This baby barely turned his/her head. Steve and I are convinced that this will either be our most laid-back and perhaps greatest infant sleeper or VERY, VERY stubborn. I guess time will tell. :)
The other exciting thing - and this is by far the earliest that this has happened - is that I felt the baby kick. The VERY few movements that were happening I was able to feel. I was stretched out flat on my back and was very still for a long time so maybe this was why - who knows but it was really special to feel.
The baby is 10 oz., about 6 inches long (with long legs and fingers) and the heartbeat is 152. Braden's heartbeat was 144 at my 21 week ultrasound and Olivia was 156 at my 22 week ultrasound. Any guesses on the sex???
We told her we wanted it to be a surprise and so she wrote down the sex in our file but put in bold that we didn't want to find out. Steve asked if she got a clear view and she said with emphasis, "Yes, I could see." I went in thinking that baby was a girl but that statement makes me think it was a boy. What did she see if it was a girl? :) Again...I guess time will tell.
Thankfully baby's heart, brain, spinal cord, stomach and other features all measured and looked great. We could care less if he/she is a boy or girl we just pray that they are healthy. What a miracle happening inside of me as we speak!!
4 comments:
yay! So excited for you Sarah! It is going fast...for me, a friend who doesn't see you physically daily, weekly, or even monthly! Let's make sure to see each other this fall...I don't think I have ever seen you pregnant!
Sarah
I'm so happy to hear everything looks healthy with your little peanut and you were able to feel the baby kick!
Oh honey! I am so happy to hear that Baby Dupee is doing so well. I am guessing GIRL!
Talk to you soon!
Meggers
I got chills reading this post...thank you for sharing. I'm glad to hear you're all happy and healthy.
Post a Comment