Many of you know that Olivia has been scared (petrified might be more accurate) of getting wet at pools/lakes/etc. I've held her on my hip for many visits and those who have joined us have shared in the snuggles. She holds on for dear life and doesn't even like her feet getting splashed.
Today was a HUGE day for her and of course I didn't have my camera. I held her for the first 20 minutes or so and then we walked back to the shallow because I was getting really tired. I told her I was going to set her down and I did. She didn't scream! I knelt down by her and she actually splashed her feet a little bit and put her hands in. The water was only up to her ankles but this was major progress so we celebrated.
A short while later she asked me to walk in so we walked in until the water was just above her knees!!! I have no idea where this new found courage came from but I'm super excited for her. I think it was just what she needed and now hopefully we'll make more progress each time we go and she won't feel as scared.
YEAH Olivia! I'm so proud of her. :)
UPDATE...
We went back to the pool tonight with Steve and Olivia walked in all the way up to her armpits, sat in the shallow and even laid on her tummy! I guess she just needed to get over the initial fear of the water and now look out world! I think my job at the pool just got tremendously harder but I'll take it to watch her learn and grow. How fun. It was hard to get her - not Braden - out of the pool tonight!! :)
July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment