I was supposed to travel to Minnesota last week to visit Meg. We planned it last fall when I was visiting after she had Sammy. Unfortunately the only time Braden could take Safety Town included last week so we had to look at plan B. We were trying to figure out how we could see each other and came up with a good compromise.
On Friday night, I left the kiddos at home and drove to Elk Mound where her mom lives. She left Vincent and William with Joey and met me there with Sammy for a weekend of girl time.
We stayed up until the wee hours talking, catching up, laughing, crying, and doing everything that we hadn't had time to do together in a LONG time. We drank coffee, did some shopping, ate lunch at a bar in Eau Claire that we used to frequent during college, grilled out a fabulous dinner, and drank some wine. Yes, I did have a half a glass and enjoyed every sip!! Meg gave me a pedicure for my birthday and never once did we run out of things to chit chat about.
It's a friendship that means the world to me. I can't imagine my life without her and although we'll probably never live in the same city again - the distance and time between seeing each other never seems to matter. Life is busy but we catch up right where we left off. We have an uncanny ability to relate yet challenge each other to grow, rethink things and find strength when needed.
I love you honey and appreciate our short but sweet visit. It was exactly what I needed. Cheers. :)
2 comments:
Sarah....so happy you got that time. It is so nice when we can get a way, and come back feeling like normal women!!
Thanks for everything honey! You are an amazing friend and I cherish all the time we have together and appreciate our dedication to this friendship! I wish we could shrink the distance between our houses just a bit!!! I am SO glad you got to relax and just be for a bit. Love you! Go SMEGS! ;)
Post a Comment