July 30, 2009

Great Grandma Snyder



I took the kids down to Chicago today to visit with my grandma for a short while. They haven't seen her since January and I was feeling pretty guilty about it. I wish the drive were easier and I could do it more often. She just lights up when she sees them. I think it takes her back to her younger mommy days as she is often telling me about my dad at their ages.

In order to make the trip a little easier we stopped half way at the Jelly Belly Factory. We've done it quite a few times now and it doesn't seem to get old. I think the free beans at the end make it worth the wait.

Then we continued on in the god-awful traffic and construction down to Lombard. It's about a 2 hour drive but today took a bit longer. My grandma was super excited to see us. She couldn't wait to give the kids a bag of goodies she had picked up and to take us to lunch at their cafe. Braden and Olivia were starving and the wait was a little long but they did GREAT. They played with their toys, entertained us and finally munched on grilled cheese, chocolate milk and then ice cream!

We left soon their after lunch to avoid rush hour and try to get back home at a decent hour. It was a really nice trip and she has already called me to tell me what wonderful children they are and how much we warmed her heart. I'm so glad we made the time to go - I'll have to plan something fun this fall so she can see them again.

1 comment:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

I find the same thing happens to me....life gets into the daily routine and those little visits or even phone calls that make a person's day/week/ or month get pushed off to another time. So glad you got the trip in. Have missed you Sarah! Let's catch up this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails